LUNA Serial Interface Board
The LUNA is a PCI-based serial I/O card that supports both CCSDS (Conventional and Advanced Orbiting Systems) and time division multiplexed (TDM) data formats. The Luna also features a Reed-Solomon encoder/decoder to provide complete block error detection and correction for each of the CCSDS-recommended grades of service for Advanced Orbiting Systems (AOS).
- Frame synchronizer with automatic polarity correction
- TTL/RS-422 data and clock inputs supporting line rates up to 30 Mbps
- External clock reference input available
- 1-microsecond time tag resolution (requires external 10 MHz and 1 PPS strobe or auxiliary time board)
- PCM encoder/decodersupporting NRZ-L/S/M and BiΦ-L/S/M
- CCSDS pseudo-randomization and derandomization